Interested in joining Project REBUILD? Check out this quick description of our program from a student’s perspective!
Project REBUILD recruits throughout the year and starts new cohorts (small groups) four times a year – January, April, July, and October.
If you’re interested in becoming a member of any of Project REBUILD’s programs (AmeriCorps, YouthBuild, or CCMEP), please start by reviewing the following criteria:
- You must be at least 16 years old and younger than 24 years old when the class starts.
- Meet one of the following:
- Do not have a diploma or GED* AND
- Are not actively enrolled or attending in school OR
- Are attending one of our partner schools (a program at the Compton Learning Center or Stark High School)
- * if you already have your diploma and are still interested, please call our office to discuss possible options.
- You can answer “yes” to any of the following statements:
- I have had court involvement (including probation) OR
- I receive food or cash assistance through Job & Family Services OR
- I am under the age of 18 and my family receives food or cash assistance through Job & Family Services OR
- One of my parents is incarcerated OR
- I am currently in or have been in the foster care system
You should also know that we have a drug-free program and will do drug testing throughout the nine months you’re enrolled. You will be required to successfully pass a drug test within three weeks of starting Mental Toughness to be eligible for any incentives and formal enrollment.
If you meet some of these criteria but not sure about whether you’re eligible, call the office at 330-588-3205, option #4 to speak to someone personally.
Ready to Apply? Click Here
Have you already applied but need to update your information? Click Here